For some children the thought of seeing the dentist for a Child Dental Appointment can be daunting.
So here are a few tips from the team at Sunshine Coast Smile that may help them at their next visit:
- Book the appointment for early in the day so your child isn’t as tired;
- Explain to them what the dentist does and why they are seeing them;
- Be positive and avoid using words that may frighten your child. If you’re anxious they may pick up on this;
- Ensure you arrive to the appointment a few minutes early;
- Bring them to your next dental check-up appointment so they can watch you and then go for a ride in the chair.
“If you are looking to make a dental appointment for your child please call Jess today on 5443 2800.”
Child Dental Benefits Schedule
If you receive an Australian government payment such as the Family Tax Benefit A your children may be eligible for the Child Dental Benefits Schedule.
Introduced in January 2014 it provides eligible children aged 2-17 years old to up to $1000 in benefits for selected dental services over a 2 year period.
Sunshine Coast Smile Centre can bulk bill eligible children for general dentistry and preventative dentistry treatments including examinations, x-rays, cleaning, fissure sealants, fillings, root canal treatment and extractions.
Want To Make A Child Dental Appointment?
If you are looking to make a dental appointment for your child please call Jess today on 5443 2800.